New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
4. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
5. And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
8. Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel,
9. for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained.
10. Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
14. Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
18. who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.
19. Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor.
21. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
22. Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
25. in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,