New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul.
3. The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence.
7. In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry entered His ears.
8. Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry.
16. Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered, At the rebuke of the Lord, At the blast of the breath of His nostrils.
21. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
25. Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to my cleanness in His eyes.
26. With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
28. You will save the humble people; But Your eyes are on the haughty, that You may bring them down.
31. As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
38. I have pursued my enemies and destroyed them; Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
39. And I have destroyed them and wounded them, So that they could not rise; They have fallen under my feet.
40. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose against me.
43. Then I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth; I trod them like dirt in the streets, And I spread them out.
44. You have also delivered me from the strivings of my people; You have kept me as the head of the nations. A people I have not known shall serve me.
49. He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.