King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. And David spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
3. The God of my rock; in him will I trust: He is my shield, and the Horn Of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
7. In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
8. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.
9. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
16. And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, At the rebuking of the Lord, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
18. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.
21. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
25. Therefore the Lord hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.
26. With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.
27. With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
28. And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.
31. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
38. I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
39. And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet.
40. For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
43. Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad.
44. Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not shall serve me.
45. Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.
49. And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
50. Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.