New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Now Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.
3. This is the foundation which Solomon laid for building the house of God The length was sixty cubits (by cubits according to the former measure) and the width twenty cubits.
4. And the vestibule that was in front of the sanctuary was twenty cubits long across the width of the house, and the height was one hundred and twenty. He overlaid the inside with pure gold.
5. The larger room he paneled with cypress which he overlaid with fine gold, and he carved palm trees and chainwork on it.
7. He also overlaid the house--the beams and doorposts, its walls and doors--with gold; and he carved cherubim on the walls.
8. And he made the Most Holy Place. Its length was according to the width of the house, twenty cubits, and its width twenty cubits. He overlaid it with six hundred talents of fine gold.
11. The wings of the cherubim were twenty cubits in overall length one wing of the one cherub was five cubits, touching the wall of the room, and the other wing was five cubits, touching the wing of the other cherub;
12. one wing of the other cherub was five cubits, touching the wall of the room, and the other wing also was five cubits, touching the wing of the other cherub.
13. The wings of these cherubim spanned twenty cubits overall. They stood on their feet, and they faced inward.
15. Also he made in front of the temple two pillars thirty-five cubits high, and the capital that was on the top of each of them was five cubits.
16. He made wreaths of chainwork, as in the inner sanctuary, and put them on top of the pillars; and he made one hundred pomegranates, and put them on the wreaths of chainwork.