New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
3. forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
4. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;
6. If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed.
8. For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
10. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
12. Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
14. Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
15. Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.