New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;
5. (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?);
7. Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8. Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money,
13. For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
15. but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.