New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
4. Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
5. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6. yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
7. However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.
8. But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.
10. For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol's temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?
12. But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.