New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
8. for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
10. to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
12. For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
15. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body?
16. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling?
21. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
23. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty,
24. but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it,
25. that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
26. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
28. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.