New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. The sons of Tola were Uzzi, Rephaiah, Jeriel, Jahmai, Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father's house. The sons of Tola were mighty men of valor in their generations; their number in the days of David was twenty-two thousand six hundred.
3. The son of Uzzi was Izrahiah, and the sons of Izrahiah were Michael, Obadiah, Joel, and Ishiah. All five of them were chief men.
4. And with them, by their generations, according to their fathers' houses, were thirty-six thousand troops ready for war; for they had many wives and sons.
5. Now their brethren among all the families of Issachar were mighty men of valor, listed by their genealogies, eighty-seven thousand in all.
7. The sons of Bela were Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzziel, Jerimoth, and Iri--five in all. They were heads of their fathers' houses, and they were listed by their genealogies, twenty-two thousand and thirty-four mighty men of valor.
8. The sons of Becher were Zemirah, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jerimoth, Abijah, Anathoth, and Alemeth. All these are the sons of Becher.
9. And they were recorded by genealogy according to their generations, heads of their fathers' houses, twenty thousand two hundred mighty men of valor.
10. The son of Jediael was Bilhan, and the sons of Bilhan were Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenaanah, Zethan, Tharshish, and Ahishahar.
11. All these sons of Jediael were heads of their fathers' houses; there were seventeen thousand two hundred mighty men of valor fit to go out for war and battle.
14. The descendants of Manasseh his Syrian concubine bore him Machir the father of Gilead, the father of Asriel.
15. Machir took as his wife the sister of Huppim and Shuppim, whose name was Maachah. The name of Gilead's grandson was Zelophehad, but Zelophehad begot only daughters.
16. (Maachah the wife of Machir bore a son, and she called his name Peresh. The name of his brother was Sheresh, and his sons were Ulam and Rakem.
17. The son of Ulam was Bedan.) These were the descendants of Gilead the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh.
20. The sons of Ephraim were Shuthelah, Bered his son, Tahath his son, Eladah his son, Tahath his son,
21. Zabad his son, Shuthelah his son, and Ezer and Elead. The men of Gath who were born in that land killed them because they came down to take away their cattle.
23. And when he went in to his wife, she conceived and bore a son; and he called his name Beriah, because tragedy had come upon his house.
28. Now their possessions and dwelling places were Bethel and its towns to the east Naaran, to the west Gezer and its towns, and Shechem and its towns, as far as Ayyah and its towns;
29. and by the borders of the children of Manasseh were Beth Shean and its towns, Taanach and its towns, Megiddo and its towns, Dor and its towns. In these dwelt the children of Joseph, the son of Israel.