New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. The children of Amram were Aaron, Moses, and Miriam. And the sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
10. Johanan begot Azariah (it was he who ministered as priest in the temple that Solomon built in Jerusalem);
15. Jehozadak went into captivity when the Lord carried Judah and Jerusalem into captivity by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar.
19. The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi. Now these are the families of the Levites according to their fathers
31. Now these are the men whom David appointed over the service of song in the house of the Lord, after the ark came to rest.
32. They were ministering with music before the dwelling place of the tabernacle of meeting, until Solomon had built the house of the Lord in Jerusalem, and they served in their office according to their order.
33. And these are the ones who ministered with their sons Of the sons of the Kohathites were Heman the singer, the son of Joel, the son of Samuel,
39. And his brother Asaph, who stood at his right hand, was Asaph the son of Berachiah, the son of Shimea,
44. Their brethren, the sons of Merari, on the left hand, were Ethan the son of Kishi, the son of Abdi, the son of Malluch,
48. And their brethren, the Levites, were appointed to every kind of service of the tabernacle of the house of God.
49. But Aaron and his sons offered sacrifices on the altar of burnt offering and on the altar of incense, for all the work of the Most Holy Place, and to make atonement for Israel, according to all that Moses the servant of God had commanded.
54. Now these are their dwelling places throughout their settlements in their territory, for they were given by lot to the sons of Aaron, of the family of the Kohathites
57. And to the sons of Aaron they gave one of the cities of refuge, Hebron; also Libnah with its common-lands, Jattir, Eshtemoa with its common-lands,
60. And from the tribe of Benjamin Geba with its common-lands, Alemeth with its common-lands, and Anathoth with its common-lands. All their cities among their families were thirteen.
61. To the rest of the family of the tribe of the Kohathites they gave by lot ten cities from half the tribe of Manasseh.
62. And to the sons of Gershon, throughout their families, they gave thirteen cities from the tribe of Issachar, from the tribe of Asher, from the tribe of Naphtali, and from the tribe of Manasseh in Bashan.
63. To the sons of Merari, throughout their families, they gave twelve cities from the tribe of Reuben, from the tribe of Gad, and from the tribe of Zebulun.
65. And they gave by lot from the tribe of the children of Judah, from the tribe of the children of Simeon, and from the tribe of the children of Benjamin these cities which are called by their names.
66. Now some of the families of the sons of Kohath were given cities as their territory from the tribe of Ephraim.
67. And they gave them one of the cities of refuge, Shechem with its common-lands, in the mountains of Ephraim, also Gezer with its common-lands,
70. And from the half-tribe of Manasseh Aner with its common-lands and Bileam with its common-lands, for the rest of the family of the sons of Kohath.
71. From the family of the half-tribe of Manasseh the sons of Gershon were given Golan in Bashan with its common-lands and Ashtaroth with its common-lands.
76. And from the tribe of Naphtali Kedesh in Galilee with its common-lands, Hammon with its common-lands, and Kirjathaim with its common-lands.
77. From the tribe of Zebulun the rest of the children of Merari were given Rimmon with its common-lands and Tabor with its common-lands.
78. And on the other side of the Jordan, across from Jericho, on the east side of the Jordan, they were given from the tribe of Reuben Bezer in the wilderness with its common-lands, Jahzah with its common-lands,
80. And from the tribe of Gad Ramoth in Gilead with its common-lands, Mahanaim with its common-lands,