New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tabernacle that David had erected for it. Then they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before God.
2. And when David had finished offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the Lord.
3. Then he distributed to everyone of Israel, both man and woman, to everyone a loaf of bread, a piece of meat, and a cake of raisins.
4. And he appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord, to commemorate, to thank, and to praise the Lord God of Israel
5. Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, then Jeiel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Mattithiah, Eliab, Benaiah, and Obed-Edom Jeiel with stringed instruments and harps, but Asaph made music with cymbals;
6. Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests regularly blew the trumpets before the ark of the covenant of God.
7. On that day David first delivered this psalm into the hand of Asaph and his brethren, to thank the Lord
29. Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
31. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; And let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns."
35. And say, "Save us, O God of our salvation; Gather us together, and deliver us from the Gentiles, To give thanks to Your holy name, To triumph in Your praise."
36. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! And all the people said, "Amen!" and praised the Lord.
37. So he left Asaph and his brothers there before the ark of the covenant of the Lord to minister before the ark regularly, as every day's work required;
38. and Obed-Edom with his sixty-eight brethren, including Obed-Edom the son of Jeduthun, and Hosah, to be gatekeepers;
39. and Zadok the priest and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of the Lord at the high place that was at Gibeon,
40. to offer burnt offerings to the Lord on the altar of burnt offering regularly morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the Law of the Lord which He commanded Israel;
41. and with them Heman and Jeduthun and the rest who were chosen, who were designated by name, to give thanks to the Lord, because His mercy endures forever;
42. and with them Heman and Jeduthun, to sound aloud with trumpets and cymbals and the musical instruments of God. Now the sons of Jeduthun were gatekeepers.