New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. The Beloved How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince's daughter! The curves of your thighs are like jewels, The work of the hands of a skillful workman.
2. Your navel is a rounded goblet; It lacks no blended beverage. Your waist is a heap of wheat Set about with lilies.
4. Your neck is like an ivory tower, Your eyes like the pools in Heshbon By the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon Which looks toward Damascus.
5. Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel, And the hair of your head is like purple; A king is held captive by your tresses.
8. I said, "I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of its branches." Let now your breasts be like clusters of the vine, The fragrance of your breath like apples,
9. And the roof of your mouth like the best wine. The Shulamite The wine goes down smoothly for my beloved, Moving gently the lips of sleepers.
12. Let us get up early to the vineyards; Let us see if the vine has budded, Whether the grape blossoms are open, And the pomegranates are in bloom. There I will give you my love.