New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. A Meditation of David, which he sang to the Lord concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite. O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me,
5. Let the enemy pursue me and overtake me; Yes, let him trample my life to the earth, And lay my honor in the dust. Selah
6. Arise, O Lord, in Your anger; Lift Yourself up because of the rage of my enemies; Rise up for me to the judgment You have commanded!
7. So the congregation of the peoples shall surround You; For their sakes, therefore, return on high.
8. The Lord shall judge the peoples; Judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, And according to my integrity within me.
9. Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, But establish the just; For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.
16. His trouble shall return upon his own head, And his violent dealing shall come down on his own crown.