New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. A Contemplation of Asaph. O God, why have You cast us off forever? Why does Your anger smoke against the sheep of Your pasture?
2. Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old, The tribe of Your inheritance, which You have redeemed-- This Mount Zion where You have dwelt.
3. Lift up Your feet to the perpetual desolations. The enemy has damaged everything in the sanctuary.
7. They have set fire to Your sanctuary; They have defiled the dwelling place of Your name to the ground.
8. They said in their hearts, "Let us destroy them altogether." They have burned up all the meeting places of God in the land.
9. We do not see our signs; There is no longer any prophet; Nor is there any among us who knows how long.
11. Why do You withdraw Your hand, even Your right hand? Take it out of Your bosom and destroy them.
14. You broke the heads of Leviathan in pieces, And gave him as food to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
18. Remember this, that the enemy has reproached, O Lord, And that a foolish people has blasphemed Your name.
19. Oh, do not deliver the life of Your turtledove to the wild beast! Do not forget the life of Your poor forever.
20. Have respect to the covenant; For the dark places of the earth are full of the haunts of cruelty.