King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
4. If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
5. Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
6. Arise, O Lord, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
7. So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
8. The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
9. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
13. He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
16. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.