King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
4. They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.
6. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
9. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
13. But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
14. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.
15. Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.
16. Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.
19. Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.
20. Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.
22. Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.
26. For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
35. For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession.