New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. A song. Let God arise, Let His enemies be scattered; Let those also who hate Him flee before Him.
2. As smoke is driven away, So drive them away; As wax melts before the fire, So let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
4. Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name Yah, And rejoice before Him.
6. God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
8. The earth shook; The heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
13. Though you lie down among the sheepfolds, You will be like the wings of a dove covered with silver, And her feathers with yellow gold."
15. A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan; A mountain of many peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
16. Why do you fume with envy, you mountains of many peaks? This is the mountain which God desires to dwell in; Yes, the Lord will dwell in it forever.
17. The chariots of God are twenty thousand, Even thousands of thousands; The Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.
18. You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive; You have received gifts among men, Even from the rebellious, That the Lord God might dwell there.
21. But God will wound the head of His enemies, The hairy scalp of the one who still goes on in His trespasses.
22. The Lord said, "I will bring back from Bashan, I will bring them back from the depths of the sea,
23. That your foot may crush them in blood, And the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from your enemies."
25. The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; Among them were the maidens playing timbrels.
27. There is little Benjamin, their leader, The princes of Judah and their company, The princes of Zebulun and the princes of Naphtali.
30. Rebuke the beasts of the reeds, The herd of bulls with the calves of the peoples, Till everyone submits himself with pieces of silver. Scatter the peoples who delight in war.
33. To Him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which were of old! Indeed, He sends out His voice, a mighty voice.