New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. Set to 'Do Not Destroy.' A Michtam of David when Saul sent men, and they watched the house in order to kill him. Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; Defend me from those who rise up against me.
3. For look, they lie in wait for my life; The mighty gather against me, Not for my transgression nor for my sin, O Lord.
5. You therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, Awake to punish all the nations; Do not be merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah
11. Do not slay them, lest my people forget; Scatter them by Your power, And bring them down, O Lord our shield.
12. For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips, Let them even be taken in their pride, And for the cursing and lying which they speak.
13. Consume them in wrath, consume them, That they may not be; And let them know that God rules in Jacob To the ends of the earth. Selah
16. But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble.