New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. A Contemplation of the sons of Korah. We have heard with our ears, O God, Our fathers have told us, The deeds You did in their days, In days of old
2. You drove out the nations with Your hand, But them You planted; You afflicted the peoples, and cast them out.
3. For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, Nor did their own arm save them; But it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, Because You favored them.
5. Through You we will push down our enemies; Through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us.
17. All this has come upon us; But we have not forgotten You, Nor have we dealt falsely with Your covenant.
19. But You have severely broken us in the place of jackals, And covered us with the shadow of death.