New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. A Contemplation of the sons of Korah. As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.
4. When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
5. Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance.
6. O my God, my soul is cast down within me; Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, And from the heights of Hermon, From the Hill Mizar.
7. Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
8. The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me-- A prayer to the God of my life.
9. I will say to God my Rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"
10. As with a breaking of my bones, My enemies reproach me, While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"