New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord, who spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
2. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
6. In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.
7. Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry.
11. He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters And thick clouds of the skies.
13. The Lord thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice, Hailstones and coals of fire.
15. Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O Lord, At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.
20. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
24. Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.
25. With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
30. As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
35. You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.
37. I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
39. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
43. You have delivered me from the strivings of the people; You have made me the head of the nations; A people I have not known shall serve me.
48. He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.