New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
4. Remember me, O Lord, with the favor You have toward Your people; Oh, visit me with Your salvation,
5. That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones, That I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation, That I may glory with Your inheritance.
7. Our fathers in Egypt did not understand Your wonders; They did not remember the multitude of Your mercies, But rebelled by the sea--the Red Sea.
9. He rebuked the Red Sea also, and it dried up; So He led them through the depths, As through the wilderness.
10. He saved them from the hand of him who hated them, And redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
23. Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them.
32. They angered Him also at the waters of strife, So that it went ill with Moses on account of them;
38. And shed innocent blood, The blood of their sons and daughters, Whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; And the land was polluted with blood.
40. Therefore the wrath of the Lord was kindled against His people, So that He abhorred His own inheritance.
43. Many times He delivered them; But they rebelled in their counsel, And were brought low for their iniquity.
45. And for their sake He remembered His covenant, And relented according to the multitude of His mercies.
47. Save us, O Lord our God, And gather us from among the Gentiles, To give thanks to Your holy name, To triumph in Your praise.