New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. Because of the transgress ion of a land, many are its princes; But by a man of understanding and knowledge Right will be prolonged.
8. One who increases his poss ess ions by usury and extortion Gathers it for him who will pity the poor.
10. Whoever causes the upright to go astray in an evil way, He himself will fall into his own pit; But the blameless will inherit good.
12. When the righteous rejoice, there is great glory; But when the wicked arise, men hide themselves.
13. He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confess es and forsakes them will have mercy.
16. A ruler who lacks understanding is a great oppress or, But he who hates covetousness will prolong his days.
18. Whoever walks blameless ly will be saved, But he who is perverse in his ways will suddenly fall.
19. He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, But he who follows frivolity will have poverty enough!
20. A faithful man will abound with bless ings, But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.
22. A man with an evil eye hastens after riches, And does not consider that poverty will come upon him.
24. Whoever robs his father or his mother, And says, "It is no transgress ion," The same is companion to a destroyer.