New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
9. Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man's friend gives delight by hearty counsel.
10. Do not forsake your own friend or your father's friend, Nor go to your brother's house in the day of your calamity; Better is a neighbor nearby than a brother far away.
13. Take the garment of him who is surety for a stranger, And hold it in pledge when he is surety for a seductress .
14. He who bless es his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, It will be counted a curse to him.
21. The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, And a man is valued by what others say of him.
22. Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with crushed grain, Yet his foolishness will not depart from him.
25. When the hay is removed, and the tender grass shows itself, And the herbs of the mountains are gathered in,