New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; They fly away like an eagle toward heaven.
7. For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. "Eat and drink!" he says to you, But his heart is not with you.
21. For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, And drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.
24. The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice, And he who begets a wise child will delight in him.
29. Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes?
31. Do not look on the wine when it is red, When it sparkles in the cup, When it swirls around smoothly;
34. Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea, Or like one who lies at the top of the mast, saying