New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.
5. The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, But those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty.
11. When the scoffer is punished, the simple is made wise; But when the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge.
12. The righteous God wisely considers the house of the wicked, Overthrowing the wicked for their wickedness .
20. There is desirable treasure, And oil in the dwelling of the wise, But a foolish man squanders it.
27. The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination; How much more when he brings it with wicked intent!