King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
5. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
6. The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.
11. When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.
12. The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.
13. Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
16. The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
20. There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.
22. A wise man scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
27. The sacrifice of the wicked is abomination: how much more, when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?