New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
7. All the brothers of the poor hate him; How much more do his friends go far from him! He may pursue them with words, yet they abandon him.
13. A foolish son is the ruin of his father, And the contentions of a wife are a continual dripping.
19. A man of great wrath will suffer punishment; For if you rescue him, you will have to do it again.
23. The fear of the Lord leads to life, And he who has it will abide in satisfaction; He will not be visited with evil.
25. Strike a scoffer, and the simple will become wary; Rebuke one who has understanding, and he will discern knowledge.
26. He who mistreats his father and chases away his mother Is a son who causes shame and brings reproach.