New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
4. An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.
6. The words of the wicked are, "Lie in wait for blood," But the mouth of the upright will deliver them.
8. A man will be commended according to his wisdom, But he who is of a perverse heart will be despised.
11. He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread, But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding.
13. The wicked is ensnared by the transgress ion of his lips, But the righteous will come through trouble.
14. A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, And the recompense of a man's hands will be rendered to him.
18. There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health.
27. The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, But diligence is man's precious poss ess ion.