1. Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,
6. That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
7. For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
9. Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
13. Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
14. But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.
16. Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
19. I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.
21. Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.
22. But withal prepare me also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.