King James Version
Next Chapter >>>
1. Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
6. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
7. Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
12. But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
14. And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
25. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
29. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;