New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4. Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding." '
7. But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
10. So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11. But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
12. So he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
13. Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
16. And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
21. They said to Him, "Caesar's." And He said to them, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
24. saying: "Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother.
25. Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother.
29. Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
30. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
31. But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying,
32. 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."
37. Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
42. saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David."