New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter
1. Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.
2. Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.
5. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed.
6. But he said to them, "Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.
7. But go, tell His disciples--and Peter--that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you."
8. So they went out quickly and fled from the tomb, for they trembled and were amazed. And they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.
9. Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.
12. After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country.
14. Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.
17. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18. they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
19. So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.