New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
4. for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had."
5. Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said,
6. These things which you see--the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down."
7. So they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?"
8. And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them.
9. But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately."
11. And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.
12. But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake.
15. for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.
16. You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death.
21. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.
23. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.
24. And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
25. And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
26. men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken.
28. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
34. But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
36. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."
37. And in the daytime He was teaching in the temple, but at night He went out and stayed on the mountain called Olivet.