New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. So when he had returned the eleven hundred shekels of silver to his mother, his mother said, "I had wholly dedicated the silver from my hand to the Lord for my son, to make a carved image and a molded image; now therefore, I will return it to you."
4. Thus he returned the silver to his mother. Then his mother took two hundred shekels of silver and gave them to the silversmith, and he made it into a carved image and a molded image; and they were in the house of Micah.
5. The man Micah had a shrine, and made an ephod and household idols; and he consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.
7. Now there was a young man from Bethlehem in Judah, of the family of Judah; he was a Levite, and was staying there.
8. The man departed from the city of Bethlehem in Judah to stay wherever he could find a place. Then he came to the mountains of Ephraim, to the house of Micah, as he journeyed.
9. And Micah said to him, "Where do you come from?" So he said to him, "I am a Levite from Bethlehem in Judah, and I am on my way to find a place to stay."
10. Micah said to him, "Dwell with me, and be a father and a priest to me, and I will give you ten shekels of silver per year, a suit of clothes, and your sustenance." So the Levite went in.
11. Then the Levite was content to dwell with the man; and the young man became like one of his sons to him.
12. So Micah consecrated the Levite, and the young man became his priest, and lived in the house of Micah.