New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. And he said: "I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, And He answered me. "Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, And You heard my voice.
3. For You cast me into the deep, Into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.
4. Then I said, 'I have been cast out of Your sight; Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.'
5. The waters surrounded me, even to my soul; The deep closed around me; Weeds were wrapped around my head.
6. I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God.
7. When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; And my prayer went up to You, Into Your holy temple.
9. But I will sacrifice to You With the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord."