New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
3. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
9. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
12. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.
16. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
18. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
21. Others said, "These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"
24. Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, "How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."
25. Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me.
28. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
29. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
32. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?"
33. The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God."
36. do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
38. but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him."
40. And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John was baptizing at first, and there He stayed.
41. Then many came to Him and said, "John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true."