New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Because the hungry eat up his harvest, Taking it even from the thorns, And a snare snatches their substance.
13. He catches the wise in their own craftiness, And the counsel of the cunning comes quickly upon them.
17. Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.
21. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, And you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes.
22. You shall laugh at destruction and famine, And you shall not be afraid of the beasts of the earth.
23. For you shall have a covenant with the stones of the field, And the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you.
24. You shall know that your tent is in peace; You shall visit your dwelling and find nothing amiss.
25. You shall also know that your descendants shall be many, And your offspring like the grass of the earth.