New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Indeed, like wild donkeys in the desert, They go out to their work, searching for food. The wilderness yields food for them and for their children.
10. They cause the poor to go naked, without clothing; And they take away the sheaves from the hungry.
12. The dying groan in the city, And the souls of the wounded cry out; Yet God does not charge them with wrong.
14. The murderer rises with the light; He kills the poor and needy; And in the night he is like a thief.
15. The eye of the adulterer waits for the twilight, Saying, 'No eye will see me'; And he disguises his face.
16. In the dark they break into houses Which they marked for themselves in the daytime; They do not know the light.
17. For the morning is the same to them as the shadow of death; If someone recognizes them, They are in the terrors of the shadow of death.
18. They should be swift on the face of the waters, Their portion should be cursed in the earth, So that no one would turn into the way of their vineyards.
20. The womb should forget him, The worm should feed sweetly on him; He should be remembered no more, And wickedness should be broken like a tree.
24. They are exalted for a little while, Then they are gone. They are brought low; They are taken out of the way like all others; They dry out like the heads of grain.