King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;
7. For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
12. So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
13. O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
14. If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
19. The waters wear the stones: thou washest away the things which grow out of the dust of the earth; and thou destroyest the hope of man.
20. Thou prevailest for ever against him, and he passeth: thou changest his countenance, and sendest him away.
21. His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.