New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. My soul loathes my life; I will give free course to my complaint, I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.
3. Does it seem good to You that You should oppress, That You should despise the work of Your hands, And smile on the counsel of the wicked?
15. If I am wicked, woe to me; Even if I am righteous, I cannot lift up my head. I am full of disgrace; See my misery!
16. If my head is exalted, You hunt me like a fierce lion, And again You show Yourself awesome against me.
17. You renew Your witnesses against me, And increase Your indignation toward me; Changes and war are ever with me.
19. I would have been as though I had not been. I would have been carried from the womb to the grave.
21. Before I go to the place from which I shall not return, To the land of darkness and the shadow of death,