New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Set the trumpet to your mouth! He shall come like an eagle against the house of the Lord, Because they have transgressed My covenant And rebelled against My law.
4. They set up kings, but not by Me; They made princes, but I did not acknowledge them. From their silver and gold They made idols for themselves-- That they might be cut off.
5. Your calf is rejected, O Samaria! My anger is aroused against them-- How long until they attain to innocence?
6. For from Israel is even this: A workman made it, and it is not God; But the calf of Samaria shall be broken to pieces.
7. They sow the wind, And reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no bud; It shall never produce meal. If it should produce, Aliens would swallow it up.
10. Yes, though they have hired among the nations, Now I will gather them; And they shall sorrow a little, Because of the burden of the king of princes.
13. For the sacrifices of My offerings they sacrifice flesh and eat it, But the Lord does not accept them. Now He will remember their iniquity and punish their sins. They shall return to Egypt.