New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Come, and let us return to the Lord; For He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2. After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight.
3. Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
4. O Ephraim, what shall I do to you? O Judah, what shall I do to you? For your faithfulness is like a morning cloud, And like the early dew it goes away.
5. Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets, I have slain them by the words of My mouth; And your judgments are like light that goes forth.
9. As bands of robbers lie in wait for a man, So the company of priests murder on the way to Shechem; Surely they commit lewdness.
10. I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel: There is the harlotry of Ephraim; Israel is defiled.