New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. For every high priest taken from among men is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins.
2. He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness.
3. Because of this he is required as for the people, so also for himself, to offer sacrifices for sins.
5. So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You."
6. As He also says in another place: "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek";
7. who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,
12. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.