New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter
3. Remember the prisoners as if chained with them--those who are mistreated--since you yourselves are in the body also.
4. Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
5. Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.
7. Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
9. Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
11. For the bodies of those animals, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp.
12. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate.
15. Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
17. Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.
18. Pray for us; for we are confident that we have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live honorably.
20. Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21. make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
22. And I appeal to you, brethren, bear with the word of exhortation, for I have written to you in few words.