New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.
2. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand.
3. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.
5. Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
7. And as for you, be fruitful and multiply; Bring forth abundantly in the earth And multiply in it."
10. and with every living creature that is with you the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ark, every beast of the earth.
11. Thus I establish My covenant with you Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth."
12. And God said "This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations
13. I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
15. and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."
17. And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth."
18. Now the sons of Noah who went out of the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And Ham was the father of Canaan.
22. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.
23. But Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father's nakedness.