New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,
4. But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
6. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
9. But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?
14. And my trial which was in my flesh you did not despise or reject, but you received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
15. What then was the blessing you enjoyed? For I bear you witness that, if possible, you would have plucked out your own eyes and given them to me.
17. They zealously court you, but for no good; yes, they want to exclude you, that you may be zealous for them.
23. But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24. which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25. for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
27. For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, You who do not bear! Break forth and shout, You who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children Than she who has a husband."
29. But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30. Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."