King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Now these are the children of the province that went up out of the captivity, of those which had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and came again unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city;
2. Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
6. The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.
42. The children of the porters: the children of Shallum, the children of Ater, the children of Talmon, the children of Akkub, the children of Hatita, the children of Shobai, in all an hundred thirty and nine.
55. The children of Solomon's servants: the children of Sotai, the children of Sophereth, the children of Peruda,
57. The children of Shephatiah, the children of Hattil, the children of Pochereth of Zebaim, the children of Ami.
59. And these were they which went up from Telmelah, Telharsa, cherub, Addan, and Immer: but they could not shew their father's house, and their seed, whether they were of Israel:
60. The children of Delaiah, the children of Tobiah, the children of Nekoda, six hundred fifty and two.
61. And of the children of the priests: the children of Habaiah, the children of Koz, the children of Barzillai; which took a wife of the daughters of Barzillai the Gileadite, and was called after their name:
62. These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but they were not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood.
63. And the Tirshatha said unto them, that they should not eat of the most holy things, till there stood up a priest with Urim and with Thummim.
65. Beside their servants and their maids, of whom there were seven thousand three hundred thirty and seven: and there were among them two hundred singing men and singing women.
68. And some of the chief of the fathers, when they came to the house of the Lord which is at Jerusalem, offered freely for the house of God to set it up in his place:
69. They gave after their ability unto the treasure of the work threescore and one thousand drams of gold, and five thousand pound of silver, and one hundred priests' garments.