New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Of the blue, purple, and scarlet thread they made garments of ministry, for ministering in the holy place, and made the holy garments for Aaron, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
3. And they beat the gold into thin sheets and cut it into threads, to work it in with the blue, purple, and scarlet thread and the fine linen, into artistic designs.
4. They made shoulder straps for it to couple it together; it was coupled together at its two edges.
5. And the intricately woven band of his ephod that was on it was of the same workmanship, woven of gold, blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and of fine woven linen, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
6. And they set onyx stones, enclosed in settings of gold; they were engraved, as signets are engraved, with the names of the sons of Israel.
7. He put them on the shoulders of the ephod as memorial stones for the sons of Israel, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
8. And he made the breastplate, artistically woven like the workmanship of the ephod, of gold, blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and of fine woven linen.
9. They made the breastplate square by doubling it; a span was its length and a span its width when doubled.
10. And they set in it four rows of stones a row with a sardius, a topaz, and an emerald was the first row;
13. the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper. They were enclosed in settings of gold in their mountings.
14. There were twelve stones according to the names of the sons of Israel according to their names, engraved like a signet, each one with its own name according to the twelve tribes.
16. They also made two settings of gold and two gold rings, and put the two rings on the two ends of the breastplate.
18. The two ends of the two braided chains they fastened in the two settings, and put them on the shoulder straps of the ephod in the front.
19. And they made two rings of gold and put them on the two ends of the breastplate, on the edge of it, which was on the inward side of the ephod.
20. They made two other gold rings and put them on the two shoulder straps, underneath the ephod toward its front, right at the seam above the intricately woven band of the ephod.
23. And there was an opening in the middle of the robe, like the opening in a coat of mail, with a woven binding all around the opening, so that it would not tear.
24. They made on the hem of the robe pomegranates of blue, purple, and scarlet, and of fine woven linen.
25. And they made bells of pure gold, and put the bells between the pomegranates on the hem of the robe all around between the pomegranates
26. a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate, all around the hem of the robe to minister in, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
29. and a sash of fine woven linen with blue, purple, and scarlet thread, made by a weaver, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
30. Then they made the plate of the holy crown of pure gold, and wrote on it an inscription like the engraving of a signet HOLINESS TO THE LORD.
31. And they tied to it a blue cord, to fasten it above on the turban, as the Lord had commanded Moses.
32. Thus all the work of the tabernacle of the tent of meeting was finished. And the children of Israel did according to all that the Lord had commanded Moses; so they did.
33. And they brought the tabernacle to Moses, the tent and all its furnishings its clasps, its boards, its bars, its pillars, and its sockets;
37. the pure gold lampstand with its lamps (the lamps set in order), all its utensils, and the oil for light;
39. the bronze altar, its grate of bronze, its poles, and all its utensils; the laver with its base;
40. the hangings of the court, its pillars and its sockets, the screen for the court gate, its cords, and its pegs; all the utensils for the service of the tabernacle, for the tent of meeting;
41. and the garments of ministry, to minister in the holy place the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and his sons' garments, to minister as priests.