King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
11. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
13. And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
14. I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
15. That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
16. And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
17. I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
18. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
19. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
21. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?